Following the most recent theories of psycholinguistics and language teaching, the course “Teach English Through Drama and Motivational Activities” focuses on the humanistic aspects and affective learning. Through R.E.A.L. approach (Rational Emotional Affective Learning) the teacher transforms traditional lessons in an engaging event, capable of instilling in students the motivation to learn the proposed language content.
The course is held mainly in english and aims to
- Show the techniques to widen your creativity to apply it in teaching.
- Emphasize the creative potential of verbal language and non-verbal communication
- Provide practical examples of songs and interactive games for replication in the classroom to teach in a fun way vocabulary, phonetics, structures and functions.
- Provide the techniques to create, independently, drama and games with purpose and content teaching.
- Analyze the role of the teacher in the interpersonal relationship with students and group dynamics in the teaching-learning process following the emotional humanistic approach.
Teachers of Primary and Secondary school (max 40 participants).
1. Physical and vocal warm-ups
2. Phonetics exercises: fluency, intonation, pronunciation, rhythm, volume
3. Exercises in paralinguistic communication, mime and body language
4. Using Drama as a teaching tool
5. Music and songs in the classroom
6. Action and grammar games
7. Story telling techniques
8. Using emotional involvement in the classroom
9. How to set up an English Show
10. How to motivate students
Romina Tappi is a graduate of the ‘School of Creative Arts’, Wollongong University (Australia), with a Bachelor of Creative Arts in Acting and Directing. After 10 years as a professional Theatre practitioner in Australia, she has spent the last 9 years working in Italy using drama as a medium to teach English. She has held numerous teacher training courses, published scripts and music and is the Artistic Director of Theatrino.
From 16th to 19th February 2017.
The course begins with dinner on February 16 and ends with breakfast of February 19th.
Puntolingue Salerno – P.zza Vittorio Veneto–Binario 1 Stazione FS
Accommodation: Hotel Bruman – P.zza Vittorio Veneto 30 – Salerno
Course fee is €350.
At the end all course participants will receive a certificate of participation.
If you wish to register, please fill in the application form you find below and send it to email@example.com or fax it at 089.8424322 before January 10th.
More details in the programme you can download below: